Sunday, November 21, 2010

Everything is Glorious


Imagine if you are in Love. Wait a minute…this will sound better…imagine if u get married to the person you truly Love. You, thinking of yourself as the superior one of the relationship initially try making everything perfect for the person you Love. Like for example, you want everything around you to be put in place…like the furniture being set in place or the flowers kept in the right spot or a portrait precisely aligned…oh yes…how can I forget the pictures…You put them up as if there’ll be a Gala taking place any minute and the whole world would be coming to see the fine piece of art in your house. All these will be done when the person you Love is off at work and will be coming home any minute. If you are a cook….even better…there’s a buffet at your place and it’s spared no expense for only one person. You strain yourself, sweat like a chef in a restaurant whose Job is at stake and the only one way to set it right is to drain the last drop of sweat, the last fragment of perfection to make a masterpiece and then feel overwhelmingly proud of yourself. And then the table and the plates precisely kept in place with the accessories and then the candles meticulously lined to perfection, you’ll sit there if you have to and take a picture to see if the light is gently lighting up your face and making it glow to perfection and imagining the person in that picture and making any slight changes in the scenario if necessary. Then have a cross check on everything and then make the ambience a more happening place by pumping the Kenny G’s greatest hits album up. And then just relax and wait for the person. Then the person arrives and is awestruck by the environment and then they finally come to their senses and realize that you did it all by yourself, everything so acutely planned to perfection, from the time the person enters in theoretically predicting what that person would look at. You shell out your time, your ego, your superiority to capture that one perfect second of seeing that helpless smile on that persons face.
            As time progresses slowly the whole concept of perfection changes. People tend to prioritize time as an entity of necessity and all that was once perfectly kept in place fade from their original positions and perfection or alignment is not an aspect of theoretical prediction anymore. People get so busy with life that the time they put up once for just spending it now start to buy it rarely.
            I was on my way back to Hyderabad from my project work. I was in the bus and was listening to music on my phone. I suddenly took time to have a glimpse of the dark landscapes and then not able to figure out anything from them suddenly looked up to the skies and seen the stretch of the stars galloping the sky. There were so many that you wouldn’t even dream about counting and for a guy like me, who stays in the city much and who hates traveling, it was really a flabbergast sight to see the sky illuminated with stars. Some shined dimmer and some shined brighter. It was the third time I had the privilege of watching a shooting star and was extremely over whelmed cause I remember watching them on cartoons when I was boy. I took time to enjoy watching this and was praising God. He made the night so glorious as if it was just for me. It was like as if He knew I was gonna look at the stars that night. And the shooting star was the fat lady singing her heart out. I looked in awe to realize what an articulate creator our Mighty God is. He made an environment so suitable for the human standards that people can literally live on the cliché of Love and Fresh Air. The timing was apt for the shooting star to burst through the skies and the timing was so precise that I was able to see it as it lasts only for a few seconds…maybe one or two. He thought about me so much that night that it was like he extracted the algorithm of my sight and sent the shooting star by. Now when I think of it, one of the other  greatest sights would be the sight of the dark sky and stars fading away and the hope of a new day coming to greet me from the transition of the dark clouds to a dominant but yet gentle and colorful blue sky with sections of clouds which can be imagined to different shapes and then the smell of fresh air, the sight of the mighty mammoth hills, the sound of the air ringing through my ears. Everything made only for me. It’s a wonderful feeling to think of…Made for Me. Why should He do something like that? He could have just left me to wonder on the stars but why the shooting star? Why the landscapes? Why the transition? Why choose me for something like that? The answer is not that our God is a Flamboyant God, not that He shows off his creation to us mere humans but the amazing fact that He did it for You and Me so that He could just show a fragment of His Love to us which is more than abundant for us. And the best part…He does it everyday for us. His mercies are new every morning.
            Think of the scenario of Love in the starting of this topic. Compare the furniture which is initially kept in place to the permanent Hills and Landscapes. Compare the flowers to the garden of beautiful fields. Compare the portraits and pictures with the the beautiful sky and its state of the art clouds. Compare the smell of Food to the smell of Love in fresh air. Compare the ambience and the candle light near the table to the star lit sky. And ultimately, compare the Love with the Cross…
I bet you would say…”You Make Everything Glorious…And I am Yours…”

When I see the beauty of a sunset's glory,
Amazing artistry across the evening sky
When I feel the mystery of a distant galaxy
It awes and humbles me to be loved
By a God so high
What can I do but thank You

What can I do but give my life to You
Hallelujah, Hallelujah
What can I do but praise You
Everyday make everything I do a Hallelujah
A Hallelujah, Hallelujah
                                                  -Paul Baloche

My eyes are small
But they have seen
The Beauty of enormous things
Which leads me to believe
That there’s Life Enough to see
You make Everything Glorious and I am Yours…
What does that make me…??
                                                -David Crowder

12 comments:

  1. Your writing makes me cry ra... God has given you such a passionate heart that I love! I specially love what you wrote about yourself, junk to masterpiece part! Write on by divine inspiration dude and it will be a pleasure for me to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome dougie :) u reely out did urself. very moving n well written :) hope to add ur blog to my blogroll on my page. gr8 writing keep em coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was beautiful..thank you for reminding me that God brought me to the banqueting house and His banner over me was love..for reminding me of his unending mercy and grace..keep writing..God Bless You..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Its beautifully written and great job Paul:) looking forward for more...You are a surprise package.Never knew you were such passionate about this

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very impressive good start bro!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is my Brother!!!! i am so proud of you ra bunty ga. It was such a beautiful picture that you painted. Love it. Hoping to hear more of your heart.

    ReplyDelete
  8. you painted such a beautiful picture. you hav an artistry wid words. and finally connecting it to da greatest painter of all.
    tht was really wonderful :)

    Zeena Aunty (Amit's Mom)

    ReplyDelete
  9. i llllllloved it bro....it's awesome!!....it kinda touched something in my heart....God bless you buddy....a masterpiece u really are :) keep it going....would love to read more abt it :) sweetheart u are....God bless you

    ReplyDelete
  10. Its amazing....!!! God Bless U abundantly:)

    ReplyDelete